To main content
start again

Updated at:

I want to travel, do I need the new repeat vaccination?

I want to travel abroad, do I need the new repeat vaccination?

When you're traveling outside of Europe, you might need the new repeat vaccination. Within Europa you'll need a vaccination certificate(opens external website), a negative test result(opens external website), or proof that you have recovered from coronavirus(opens external website). Within Europe, you can use CoronaCheck to show these corona certificates.

Outside Europe, different rules often apply to corona certificates. The travel advice for the country you are traveling to will also tell you which rules apply for corona certificates there.

The vaccination certificate to travel within Europe is valid until 270 days after your last vaccination from the basic series. There's no validity period to travel within Europe with a booster or repeat vaccination. This certificate won't expire.

Are you under 18 years old? Then your certificate cannot expire if you have had the basic series.

Wijs op reis

Looking for information on the coronavirus rules in a certain country? Visit the website external website).

  • Visit external website)

Was this information helpful to you?

This is how we handle your data:

  • No one knows who you are. The check is fully anonymous.
  • We do not save your personal details.
  • We only track which parts of the website are visited. This helps us improve the website.